Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Monday, May 22, 2006

A week for bailing

The heat threw me off this week.

Wednesday: +31 attempted a 5km run but my partner bailed after 10 minutes of running. I was struggling with the heat, but probably would have kept going if she did. Instead I bailed with her and we walked a few km back.

Thursday: first open water swim of the year! Went out to Hubbles and swam for a while (about 800-900m), at first it was tough adjusting to the wetsuit and having to sight but it got better the longer we were out there. Surprisingly, the water wasn't bad at all. I think Summerside was colder in August.

Friday: swam about 1200m. Lost count after my friends arrived. I have to get in some swims over 2km - I've only done one so far.

Saturday: tried to do the ultraconditioning workout on my stationary bike but I just didn't have any energy. After 10 minutes I just stopped because I couldn't even do push-ups for 30 seconds.


Sunday: time to do yesterdays intended workout. I did it! 1hr10mins of ultraconditioning and an extra 45mins of biking. My legs were tired and I must have lost at 3lbs of sweat but it was a good workout.

Holiday Monday: the plan was to run 16km but it was another hot day and I only had 14km in me today. Took too many walk breaks again but my legs felt pretty good after yesterdays workout. Avg pace 8:33/km. I got a nice sunburn with racoon eyes because of my sunglasses.

Next week is Coronation tri. This will be my longest triathlon so far. This will tell me if I'm in better shape then last year. On all 3 of my tris last year my run was terrible. I just didn't have enough energy and walked quite a bit. My hope is for a stronger run this time around.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    keep it up K!.....had a great workout 2day, and your positive words on my blog have me thinkin' this weekend won't be too bad, even if it does rain!....

    w

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger The Servant said…

    Wow that heat sounds killer!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    hey k...good luck tomorrow, my heat starts at 8;30, so may go out drinking for a couple of hours before hand...just to relax

    w

     

Post a Comment

<< Home