Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Have to try

It's been a week of wondering whether I should attempt GWN. After tonight, the option to roll over is gone and I'm in. Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and great advice. Basically the options are rollover or drop out and not know what I can do, or try and see what I can do. It's going to hurt and I may not finish, but at least I'll know.

Training for this week:
Wednesday: ran about 6km. Crashed in the midlle and had to walk for a bit but I recovered and felt really strong at the finish.

Thursday: ultraconditioning workout

Friday: swam for an hour and practiced; breathing every third stroke, relaxed kick, reaching with my right hand and not looking down. It's getting better but I still have a lot of work to do.

Saturday: biked 60kms (2.5 hrs) The way felt pretty good. My gears are still changing like crap but it was a nice morning. I was thinking how perfect it was for riding until I turned around and was heading straight into the wind all the way back. It was a real struggle in places but I made it. Afterwards I went for a massage-he really worked my sore shoulder for a while which hurt but the rest of the massage was great!

Sunday: ran 8km. I should be running further this close to the race but I'm still adjusting to long bikes and runs back to back. I was tired for the first few km but felt pretty good by the end.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    No looking back - only forward from now on! Good for you!

    I biked 24K on Saturday - felt ok - glad I finally got out there anyway.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Deb-you are right on! Since the deadline passed I've been fine about it. I guess once the decision is made you don't need to stress anymore-just go out and do what you can.

    Thanks for your post! I'm always surprised that people actually read my blog. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home