Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The countdown begins...16

16 weeks to the Great White North half ironman.

Since running the half marathon I haven't been able to do much because of a bronchial infection (possibly made worse by running the half marthon.) Last Sunday I ran about 7kms. I felt pretty good for the first five, and thought I had recovered pretty well but it all fell apart the last 2kms. It had snowed considerably during the week, and there were quite a few areas still unshoveled. Partially decided and was partially pushed by Lawrence to take the rest of the week off and get well.

Now it's time to switch in to triathlon training mode, which I'm excited about. Figuring out the schedule is always a challenge but I love training in the 3 sports. I really don't know how my body is going to handle the amount of training I should be doing for a race this long. Training for the half marathon, I struggled to be able to run on tuesdays and wednesdays once we started the longer runs on sundays.

My first goal is for a better run in the Coronation triathlon. In all my triathlons last year I had to walk a fair amount in the run portions.

Everyone else thinks I can do this half ironman - I hope they're right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home