Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

On the upswing

Ever since I switched my shoes-things have been much better.

Training this week:
Wed Jan 25th - Hills 6 was supposed to do 8 but I wanted to take it easy and make sure my legs are ok. I felt good though.

Saturday Jan 28th 10.5km - we did 1 loop of the hypothermic half course. I had a great run! Felt really strong and ran a decent pace (avge 7:58/km) finished in 1:22

Sunday Jan 29th ultra-conditioning dvd - felt really good. My butt and abs hurt after, but it didn't hurt as much as last time. I enjoy this workout.

Tuesday Jan 31st 4.6km - wasn't feeling good today but managed a good run today. We didn't run 10 and 1s and it's been a long time since I did that.

Wednesday Feb 1-too sick to do hills :(

I was sick last Tuesday but felt better the next day. This week it's come back again-upset stomach, but I feel worse. At this point I'm not sure what this means for this weekends workouts. I need to work on a regular schedule for the pool. I'm only getting there once every 2 weeks right now. Although with university and everything else maybe that's all I can manage until April.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    I'm glad you updated - I wondered how you were doing. How is the Hypo route? Is it really boring? is it flat?

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Not too boring-some decent views of the river valley. Definitely flat though! No real hills to speak of, a couple of small inclines. How is the swimming going? (Guess I should read your blog first and then ask questions)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home