Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Swimming through

Finally made it back in to the water this week. Managed to get in 2 training swims. The first one, I swam 1000m (32mins). Thought I was doing ok, but checked my time against last year's GWN finishing times and realized I would be the last one out of the water. Looks like I need some coaching help. I went again on Thursday and practiced bilateral breathing (although I've never figured why people need to do this). Everyone says it's a good thing so I'll learn to do it. Total workout was about 700m but I was just working on breathing and did 100m legs only.

Wednesday I ran 5km-slower, I'd say nice and easy but running is never nice and easy for me. Actually group lead a couple of people, which is different - normally I'm group following.

Sunday - today we did 10km, average pace 8:04/km. It was a pretty good run, but cold out today. My water bottle froze, so I didn't have any water after 5km and I was running out of energy by the time we finished.

With Christmas and New Years coming up in the next 2 weeks it's going to be challenging to get the workouts in, but then the season of craziness is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home