Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Sunday After

Sunday October 16th - first post race run.

Did 6km and decided to coin a new running acronym - the SSD (slow short distance). My competitve brain is already thinking about the Hypothermic Half Marathon in March and I'm already thinking about how I'm going to take 10 minutes off my time. Lucky I have a little common sense that told me the week after your first half is too early to start "training" for the next race. The purpose of this run was to shake out the legs and get moving again. It was a good run and since everyone out at run club is faster than me I had some time to reflect on the half marathon. Now I feel like I can say "I'm a runner". For everyone that point is different but for me it was the half marathon.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Cliff said…

    Congrat on finishing a 1/2 mara...it took me a day to realize I just finish a mara myself. Yeah triathlete is kinda slow at things ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home