Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Last bike of the year???

I skipped run club last Wednesday because it was my turn for the nasty cold that has been going around. I was pleasantly surprised to be feeling better after a few days; everyone at work that had it was sick for weeks. I decided to skip running and just do a nice light ride on my stationary bike. For some reason every time I get on there I end up riding much harder than I planned. A "nice light ride" turned into 2 minute intervals of high resistance, including 1 minute at the highest resistance on the bike. So forget the easy ride but it was a good workout and I felt better afterwards. Feels like I sweated out the cold.

Sunday run - planned on about 10km. Went out with a few people but the person I was running with is trying to get over knee problems and decided to walk after 3.5km because she started to feel pain. Everyone else in the group was too fast so I was on my own for the rest of the run. The route was about 7km so I decided to add some. The added few km didn't go so well - my legs started to feel pretty tired. I took an extra walk break and decided to head back. Ended up doing 9km, average pace 8:03/km (almost the exact same pace as the half marathon). I need to work on making the shorter runs faster.

It was a beautiful day so after running I decided to go for a short bike ride. Rode about 10km. It was really nice - I'm really going to miss my bike over the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home