Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Recovered

It's been a little while since I posted. The last 2 Wednesday night runs I've done 4.5kms but finally at a pace under 8 min/kms. The average (including walk breaks) was 7:47 the first week and 7:41 last week. The first week my cardio was suffering but it was nice to run and actually push myself. The second week I felt really good - even managed to carry on a conversation. The Sunday in between I had a really nice 10km run. I feel fully recovered from the half marathon now - just in time to start training for the next one.

Next up - the Hypothermic Half. My goal is to take 10 minutes off my time, but this is conditions permitting. The weather/road conditions in Kelowna were perfect but the Hypothermic will probably be slippery and maybe pretty cold.

I have managed to get back to my routine and actually do some cross training. I've been doing a little a weight training once a week and yoga if I can fit it in. No wonder I haven't had time to write here.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger The Servant said…

    Sounds like the training is going well...I'm very jealous. I've never done a "hypothermic" half, as a matter of fact I have never raced before St. Patty's Day. I'm thinking of entering the local RR Resolution Run, I'm just trying to imagine, however, racing with snow under my feet. I don't know about you but I always visualize running with sun beating down on my head not snowflakes.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    I ran the resolution run last year and it was -30. That was a little cold but I love running on fresh packed snow - the sound it makes. I also love that the sidewalks aren't so crowded and I'm not drinking an entire water bottle for a 6km run. I always say a few runs in +30 gives you a new found love for colder weather. Of course my favourite time of the year to run is fall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home