Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Almost there

It's time to taper now. It feels like we have been training for this half marathon forever. Just like last time, I haven't been able to do the entire program. The long runs really tire me out. After the 18km lsd I felt really good, but sore. I was still sore for the speed workout, and knew that I shouldn't do it but in a clinic you get caught up in the group. It's hard not to feel like you're not keeping up when everyone else ran 18km on Sunday and is doing speedwork. I've been around long enough to understand that running is personal, but you still compare yourself to others.

Tuesday Feb 14: speedwork finished 5x400m(avge 2:12)
Wednesday Feb 15: weight training for about 30 mins
Saturday Feb 18: was supposed to 20km, but we cut it at 15km because of time and I wasn't feeling very well. Good pace though avge 8:01/km (race pace!!)
Tuesday Feb 21: speedwork finished 6x400m (avge 2:18)

I've got a cold and am just trying to get rid of it, so I'm taking it easy this week. 11 days to race day.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    Cold FX!

    I'm not going into the brunch until I see you cross the finish :)

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Hope you can wait a while!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    I doubt it will be long. I feel undertrained for this run... and if a friend asks me I might be pacing/encouraging her to the finish... so I'll see you cross for sure!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    How did you manage to share your cold with me over the internet???! ARgh! :)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    Kerry - I couldn't find you? I crossed at 2:40 and waited until 2:55.... did I miss you altogether? Did you beat me in? Hope it was a good run for you!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Jordan-I came in at 2:57 so maybe I just missed you. It's a long shot but were you running with another girl? There were 2 girls I was playing leapfrog with early on and thought afterwards that you may have been one them. That's too bad, I was looking forward to meeting you. Did you see Donald?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    I think I did see him! Beard? I ran with three girls at the start - I then ran with one - and then on my own to the finish. I had on a blue ponytail toque....

    How did you find it? I'm sure you'll post - I found it dreadfully hard but I was glad to finish. I figured you passed me or were ahead of me from the start since I never saw you?...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home