Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

11 weeks, but who's counting?

As promised, here is my (late) weekly update.

Wednesday Apr 12 - ran 4.6kms. I was pretty out of breath and it was a struggle but we made it. It was the first warm day this year, so I'm adjusting to the heat again.

Thursday - planned on training but got lured by temptation for a well deserved celebrate the long weekend beverage after work.

(Good) Friday - ultra-conditioning workout. I tried something new after this - soaking in cold water for 10 minutes afterwards. It totally sucks but my muscles thanked me later.

Saturday -cycling for about 1hr 20. This was a tough ride, it was windy and we seemed to be going uphill all the time :0) My legs were tired from the workout the day before but I did it! Usually I can't do anything for about 2 days after that workout.

Sunday - I really psyched myself for a bad run today. My legs were really tired and sore after that bike ride. Once I got out there and warmed up, I had the strongest 10km run I've had in a long time! It was a great run - thanks to my running partners. We were doing more like 10:2s but I felt strong at the end. Average pace was about 8:12/km.

Monday- well earned rest day.

Tuesday - my shoulder has really been hurting for about a month now. It started out feeling tight when I was running, but now it hurts all the time. Did some yoga tonight to try and stretch everything out. Made an appointment with my massage therapist for next Saturday-hopefully he can work it out.

Wednesday - 5km in 36 mins. Good time for me. My calves felt tight at first but once they loosened up I felt pretty good.

The confidence comes and goes - some days I can really see myself crossing that finish line at GWN and some days I think I can't do all that together. I really want to finish this event!! I considered trying to drop about 15 lbs so it will be easier but I've been told on my running forum that this is not the time to lose weight because I need the calories for training. Guess I should have thought about this sooner. I'd still like to go and get a fitness analysis done so I can see where my body fat percentage is at etc.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    hate to correct you, but isn't it 10 weeks?

    w

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    It probably is, I was thinking about it from last weeks point of view. 10 weeks-I have a lot of work to do!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home