Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Can I get it all together?

Thursday - rest day

Friday - swim (no idea how long). I had a friend with coaching/competitive swimming experience come and help me with my stroke. Because we've been friends for years it was hard for her to tell me how bad I am. I explained to her that if I thought I was a good swimmer I wouldn't have asked her to help me. I learned a lot about what I was doing wrong but changing those habits is really tough! I feel like I'm learning to swim all over again. I have a lot of work to do but I think this will really pay off.

Saturday - half hour of yoga. I was pretty sore from the swim.

Sunday - biked about 25km and ran 7km. First brick of the year. The bike was tough because the wind was really strong (although I can't remember biking without the wind). The first 5km of the run was really good. I felt strong and was running 7 min kms. At 5km my legs started to feel really tired and I was down to walking 2 mins and running about 5. I made it but I was really tired afterwards. About 1km from my house I started wondering why I have signed up for all of these big races??? I should have just done an Olympic distance this year. It's funny when self doubt creeps in and you question everything. I was ready to drop GWN right there. Of course once you get home and everything is ok, you know that you do this because it's amazing to push yourself to places you'd never thought you'd go. It's all part of the journey.

These is so much to get together-I haven't put any real miles on the bike yet and my swim needs a lot of work. I guess there is never a time everything is perfect. If I feel totally prepared I'm not pushing myself hard enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home