Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Monday, May 15, 2006

This week

Wednesday - ran 5km, another fast run. I was tired and wanted to take it easy but once we started we just kept getting faster. It was a good run but I stopped once I felt sick - guess that's what it feels like to push it (something I never do).

Friday - swam 2km. I'm still really slow in the pool but I think my stroke is improving. It's going to take a lot more work. The last 300m I felt terrible but I was just really determined to swim 2k so I finished it. My shoulder was really hurting! The muscle was tight and just kept getting worse. I'm glad I'm going to see my RMT on Monday, but I'm really not sure what to do to fix this.

Saturday - biked 3 hours. I'm not exactly sure how far I went (I really need to learn how to reset my bike computer). It was around 70km. I felt better today than on my last long ride. Not one episode of just wanting to sit on the side of highway and cry :0)

Sunday - ran 14km. My legs felt tired and it was slow, but the goal today was to just do the distance and I did it! Turns out I have a stomach bug and am not well, which may explain why I was suffering so much.

Tonight I have a massage appointment, hopefully I feel well enough to go.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    Oh my gawd Kerry - you did all that and had a stomach bug. You are a machine!!!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    great kerry....we've gotta get you out riding hills with us on mondays....oh, and don't forget to bring your wetsuit with you tomorrow night, biked to allen beach this morning, and yes, the water's that cold!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    thank god for your kind words and your blog kerry...feel like crap this morning...no sleep for about 4 days..started with a late night waiting for the hi schoool grad to come home friday night (5 am saturday morning)....and other stuff, will have to pick things up tomorrow......tink i ixed up my no-doz with my nytal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home