Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

After the deadline

Once the deadline passed I stopped worrying about the race. Now I'm ok with going out and doing what I can do that day. I think I'm almost too at peace with the idea of not finishing though - I need some drive to finish this race.

My motivation is a new tattoo:

It's half the IM Canada logo. If I finish half the distance I'm going to get a tattoo of half the logo. The goal will be to get it completed when I finish a full ironman.

Training for this week was tough because I've been fighting a sore throat and cold all week (probably not helped with all of the yelling I did at the Oilers vs Detroit game 6!!-it was the game of a lifetime).

Wednesday - ran 6km, felt really strong and had one of best runs ever! Average pace 7:35/km

Thursday - 1 hour of yoga conditioning for athletes dvd. The first time I've done this workout. It's pretty challenging but the next day I could really feel it deep in my abs.

Friday - swimming for an 1.25hrs. Did some more training with my friend - tried flippers and few other drills. It went well and my friend said I've improved :0)

Saturday - skipped biking this week because; the weather was awful, I still wasn't feeling well, and I wanted to spend some time with my son.

Sunday - ran 12km. Another strong run for me.

Monday - ultraconditioning dvd. I love this workout. It's still a challenge but I feel stronger doing it. (oh yeah, a little marble slab treat afterwards)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    Great job :)

    I missed all runs this week (except tonight which is clinic night so I'm FORCED to go). I'm feeling so guilty - so to see you got in two runs makes me want to step it up and make myself get out the door.

    I think the tattoo idea is great!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Don't worry, you are totally kicking my a$$ in the water. I'm still fighting off this cold so I'm going to take a few extra rest days this week and try to get better. We're trying to figure out Lawrence's training schedule for this weekend so I can try to fit in a bike - probably on Saturday sometime.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    I'm going to the MS Tour ride in Devon this Saturday - it starts at 9AM - want to come?

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Thanks for the offer! Lawrence is Death Race training (never again will we both be training for big events at the same time!) so he won't be home for a lot of the morning. That leaves me without a babysitter and a car. I hope the weather is good for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home