Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Second verse, same as the first

Last weeks training was almost identical to the week before, except the ride on Saturday was 1:20 instead of 1:10. So far, so good! My knee is still a little sore but I didn't have to bail on any workouts this week. YAY for completing everything on the schedule this week!!!

I struggled to keep my heartrate under (or even near) 160bpms on Sunday. I think my heart was rebelling against running in -27 and the snow.

Last week when I was at the gym, I couldn't resist the urge to weigh myself. The only time I ever weigh myself is at the pool or the gym, so I haven't done it since June. What's the verdict? 166 - this made me happy! Down another 5lbs from June. Overall I've gone from 210lbs to 166lbs, it's hard to believe this was me 3 years ago.
And this was me in June of this year (2.5 years after I started running)



Now it's recovery week, I'm looking forward to reduced, easy workouts this week.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    way to go kerry...u r an inspiration, myself, i'm not going outside until i can at least see my outside thermostat!....oh well, i always swore that it'd be a cold day in hell before i'd ever vote pc, so this weather is partly my fault/the other part barb's!

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Heather Moore said…

    wow that's amazing! Good for you!

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Kelodie said…

    Good job Kerry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home