Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A little downtime



I love my new bike! Took it out for a few hour ride on Monday and it felt so much better than my other bike. The usual pain/numbness on the bottom of my foot was just starting when we came in (usually it starts around an hour) and I had slight shoulder pain but much better than before. The best part is the gears - on my old bike when I changed I could really feel a difference (it would go from too easy to burning my quads), now I change gears and only feel a slight change. It is more comfortable in the areo position than anything else, so I'm hoping that will encourage to stay there longer.

Not much training these days. I did 10km the last Sunday, with 3 walk breaks (one after each hill, and one in the middle), ran last Wednesday but was coming down with a cold and didn't feel too well. Sunday I was still battling the cold so I took it easy and did 8kms. Wanted to go straight through but just had to take a couple of short walk breaks. It's coming though. At the moment I am consistently running twice a week but nothing else since I'm back in University and don't have a lot of time.

Starting to think more seriously about eating the right foods again and trying to make better choices. I read a quote in RW that said each extra pound of weight you are carrying equals 25lbs on your knees when you're running. That means I'm probably putting about 500lbs of extra pressure on my knees. Hmmmmmmm.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    hey...u've got your baby, i've got mine..and it's supposed to snow this week...training on a trainer sucks

    w

    ps..maybe we should all pack up and move 2 victoria and start a
    tri/runners commune?

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Sounds like a plan! I bought a fluid trainer on the weekend and my bike is up on it now. Indoor riding for the winter now. At least I can get my workouts in without paying for babysitters etc. Congrats on Victoria!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home