Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The road to recovery

This week I was waffling between recovering and starting to get ready for the Canadian Death Race (in 3 weeks). Two members of my team dropped this week so it was a bit of a panic to get my team back up and "running". All is well, I found a saviour that has agreed to run legs 1 and 3!

I thought about some hill training, but my body just didn't feel ready to try that.
This week:
Tuesday - I did this workout. Really works the core muscles.

Wednesday - ran/walked 5.5kms
Sunday - ran 14kms. My butt/hip on the left side were really sore today. I think this is left over from GWN, but I also think it's time for new insoles. I'll go out and get some new ones this week and see if that helps. Of course this lead to all sorts of left leg pains as the run went on. Stomach issues...yet again. Time to change things up in the gel/sports drink dept. Needless to say there was quite a bit of walking on the way back, but on the upside I managed to throw in a couple of decent hills! I haven't done that in a long time.

On the topic of pain - still having shoulder problems and was ready to go and see a dr. Then I go in to shop for a new bike and while I'm talking to the guy there he talks about how adding aerobars to a road bike can lead to form issues which cause shoulder problems and saddle sores. See the big light bulb go on over my head!!! It looks like my bike may be the culprit. Yay-even more reason (excuse) to upgrade to a new bike this year.

This is the baby I have my eye on. But they said to wait until fall and all of the "new editions" will be in. That's fine for me, my tri season is basically done. I may decide to do a sprint in August, and I'm doing a 100km ride next weekend but that's pretty well it for this year so I can wait.

It wouldn't be a post GWN thread without another great pic. These are my amazing family and friends that have been with me through the training and waited hours to see me finish!! This is what running/triathlon are about: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    hey that's the bike i wanted, okay i'll get the specialized s works bike instead....and i've got a plan....we just bought a new car, needs a bike carrier, i'll just explain to the wife that the new bike just came with it!

    w

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    haha. The more look at the pic of that bike the more I want to go back and buy it!!! I should wait though, if they bring in the new models this one may go on sale.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home