Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Tomorrow it's here!

So 44 posts dedicate to this race.

Went to the carbo-load dinner last night. The package pick-up line was long, but I lucked out and one of my friends had picked mine up already. I have to admit, this was one intimidating crowd. Since I've never been to an Ironman, I have to say that this is the most IM shirts and tattoos I have ever seen in one place. There were super-fit people everywhere. They served a really yummy steak (that doesn't really qualify as carbs though). There were lots of speaches but the sound didn't reach the back where we were sitting so I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. I hope I didn't miss anything important.

Some things to think about tomorrow:
"If this was easy, everyone would be doing it"
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever"
"If you're going to walk, walk like you mean it!"
"Suck it up Princess"
"You can do it"
"Your mind gives out before your body does"
"It's not a hill, it's an incline"
10 months of training comes down to this

And something that really means a lot to me; being told by my husband and my running partner "you inspire me!"

If I finish, this will be the greatest thing in my life that I have ever achieved. Not necessarily the greatest thing to happen - that's my family, but the greatest thing that I have worked for and done.

The weather is going to be tough - 27c. They did say that there might be a few clouds, which would be really nice since there isn't one in the sky anywhere today.

Today I have a sore throat and my stomach is really uneasy. I've been through this before and the stomach issue is all nerves. As soon as the race starts, this will stop.

This is it.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    i know how u feel, i'm about to puke!...possibly the only time i've taken a sick day off work when i've actually been sick...c u tomorrow, good luck, and look behind u, i'll be the guy drafting!

    w

     

Post a Comment

<< Home