Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

6 days to go...

I can't believe in one week it will all be over. I've been thinking about this race since that day in September I hit send and entered. That's nine months of wondering whether I can actually come from being a 210lb couch potato to a half ironman finisher. To commemorate my journey so far, my incredibly thoughtful husband (sorry for embarrassing him since people we know read this) spent all week creating a scrapbook for me.





In it he included some before and after pictures, stories and pictures of these famous people that inspire me - Lance Armstrong, Sarah Reinerston and Team Hoyt, my biggest fans (my two boys) and my triathlon history so far. It was really touching that he took the time and really thought about what is important to me. It will be something to think about when I'm out on the course. I'm sure there will be a lot of reflection out on that course.

Now, it's down to things I can't control - my shoulder (feeling better but still sore), the weather (they're saying a balmy 28c!), and whatever else race day throws me.

I want to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone that has listened to me whine, gave me advice, supported, encouraged and most of all BELIEVED in me!!! I hope I can cross that finish line for all of us.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    I'm crying - what a beautiful thing your husband has done for you - what a wonderful and difficult day we're going to have. It's almost completely mental toughness at this point. I look forward to the end of this particular journey :)!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    You and me both!! It's been great sharing this with you (even though you've only been along for the ride for the last two months) :0)

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    it'll be fine k, just make a list of the stuff u need on race day, get it ready, make sure u havea ton of sun screen (i'me even gonna have a bottle with me on the bike)..and remember, this will be fun...and besides, i plan on drafting behind you and glen

    w

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Thanks Warren! and don't forget - no passing on the RIGHT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home