Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Trip to the RMT

Nothing training related to talk about today, since I haven't done any since Sunday. I figure the only way I can get through this with my shoulder is to give it plenty of rest beforehand.

So, my RMT was gracious enough to get me in right away. I went in today, and this is what he did to me:



He really worked my shoulder and then used the suction cups - which does this! It's supposed to bring the scar tissue to the top, which allows for increased blood flow and removal of toxins. He said I've pulled a muscle in my neck and strained my deltoid (I think that's what he said). He was telling me that because I'm an athlete (still don't think of myself that way though) that I keep training and hurting it, then it heals, then I go out and injure it again and then it heals. He said he will do the best he can to make it feel better for the race next week. He is really understanding and would never just tell me to quit unless he thought I really couldn't do it.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Jordan said…

    I'm glad you're resting it and getting some treatment.

    :)

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    hey kerri.....this is it, just remember the words of lori ann muenzer....see it believe it achieve it

    warren

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Thanks Warren! It just feels like the calm before the storm now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home