Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Pain is temporary, pride is forever!!!!


The day after the race, my hips were so sore it was tough to walk. I'm not sure if it's because I walked so much during the race and have never trained to do that, or if it's just muscle soreness.

Went for a post race massage on Tuesday - that was great. The RMT was surprise that my muscles weren't that sore. They were a little sore, but it was really just my hips that hurt. Wednesday-felt a little better and could actually walk normally again.

It's Friday and now I'm ready to start thinking about training again. I can even think about riding my bike!


4 weeks until the Death Race. I'm not planning any real specific training for this (and I'm sure I'm going whine about that stupid decision after the race). I just want to go out and have fun at the death race. I'll remember to remind myself of that when I'm running up a mountainside in the middle of the night!

I'm also looking at a fun 100km ride for the Tour de l'Aberta on July 23. A few people have mentioned Summerside triathlon, but I'll make that a last minute decision once we've decided what we're doing for our vacation and how I feel after the Death Race.

For now, I'm going to revel in my accomplishment a little longer and go set up an appointment for the new tattoo. After a lot of discussion and thought, I have decided against half of the Ironman Canada tattoo (I'll save that and get the whole one when I do the race). I want to get a turtle, with the 3 tri sports in the shell and the saying off the GWN medal "Fortes Soli Superant" (means only the strong survive) around the outside with 01/04 underneath, which is the month and year I changed my life and started running. It's probably going to be fairly large and I'll put it on my thigh about an inch above the knee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home