Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Go Death Racers!!!!


Only 6 days until the Canadian Death Race!! I'm really looking forward to it, but that is because I was smart and went in on a relay so I'm not facing the mammoth task of running 125kms. Since I'm leg 5, the only pressure on me is to finish. I already proved that I can walk 21kms so I'll be fine. Really, it's the 4 days in Grande Cache and having a good time with our friends that I'm looking forward to.

This week I put new insoles in my shoes and finally had some good runs!!
Wednesday: ran 5km (felt really good and finally managed 10 and 1s)
Friday: NIGHT RUN - no idea how far we went. We ran for about an hour. It was a chance to try out the headlamps. It was interesting.
Sunday: 10km (felt really good today, avg pace 8:03/km)I have switched from sports drink to water and my stomach has been much better. I'll need to figure out what to do for longer distances though.

Here is the river I get to ride across on the boat. It sure looks scenic during the day - shame all I'll see is pitch black.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    the big challange is staying away, and calm, waiting for leg 5 to start...i plan on sleeping in until about noon!

    w

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    nice thought but I have a soloist to support and a 7 year old to look after! I'll also need to help my brother who is also soloing.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    i'm pumped and i'm lovin' it...just watched glen's cdr from last year, and heck it looks like it was a lot of fun...just manged yet another blog about the trials and tribulations on leg 2...hope no one else has to suffer like i had to on legs 5 4 and 2...but hey, we were warned too

    warren

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    kerry, hope u guys all made it home okay...am still recovering in canmore...scrambling some of the mtns (big mistake)...am still thinking about doing the 1/2 sunday
    ...i'll update my blog then

    warren

    ps...and yes, i did run in the buff

     

Post a Comment

<< Home