Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Riding outside and the 2km test

Last Saturday we finally had the opportunity to ride outside. It was the perfect euphoric feeling! I was pleasantly surprised at how much easier riding on the road is, compared to the fluid trainer. I saw some definite improvements, specially on the hills. It was so refreshing to get out of the basement and out in to the fresh air. No luck this week though, it was snowing yesterday. I'm glad we seized the chance when we had it. I'm sure we'll be outside for long rides in no time.

On Thursday I did a 2km run test - keep my heartrate in zone 3 and run 2kms. I did it in 13:46, but my heartrate was at 166bpms and it should have been closer to 160bpms. So I should have run a little slower.

Training seems to be on track. Only 3 months to race day! In the words of my coach, "now the real work begins." The thought of that scares me, but I know my biggest obstacle is my mind. I always think I can't do things and surprise myself when I do it. I'm just not going to look too far ahead, one week at a time and countdown to rest week.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    so u were right about the snow!!!
    oh well, back to the trainer (or maybe just a movie!)....anywa, saw your name on the st albert road runners 10 miler list..pls, try not to kick my ass too hard

    warren

     

Post a Comment

<< Home