Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sorry for the cliffhanger

Sorry it's been so long since I've written, and thanks for the comments - I really appreciate them.

Obviously the last post was a real low point. I kept feeling like something was on the horizon and was trying hard not to keep sliding down but I just couldn't seem to stop it (even if it wasn't totally logical.)

What goes down, must come up! Maybe not according to gravity but in life. I landed a job that I REALLY wanted and so far it has not failed to meet my hopes and expectations. For someone in my field (corporate training and education) I don't think there is any better place to be. Now that work is sorted out, it's time to start putting the other pieces back together - my health and well being.

It's amazing how everything totally unravels. I would have never guessed that at a time when I had so much free time I couldn't get off my butt and exercise. Last year when I was training for Ironman I would have given anything to have that many free hours in a day but for some reason I just had no motivation to eat well or exercise. The longer I was off work, the worse it got. My diet has definitely improved since I started working again but my weight does not seem to appreciate that for some reason. My theory is that over the last six months I've slowly lost muscle composition and now it's at a point where my metabolism has slowed down. For months I didn't gain any weight even though I wasn't eating that well or exercising. I've only gained 5lbs, it's not the end of the world but it is time to address it, and how do I plan to do this?
THE KERRY AND JORDAN P90X CHALLENGE! (yep Jordan, now it's in writing for the world to see.)
Jordan and I are going to try the P90X program. This program has had me intrigued for a while now. I loved cross fit and full body training and I saw awesome benefits from it. I've never been shy to share my successes and failures with those of you that read, so I promise I will update as often as possible to let you know how it's going. I will try to take some before pics (something I have failed to do throughout my journey and I always regret afterwards) and a few base measurements. No promises I'm going to follow 100%. I don't like to over commit and then end up quitting and feeling like a total failure. I'm going to start with the exercise and then work on the diet. I do think if I just get my butt in gear, the weight will fall off anyway (and we all know how diet adverse I am.)
I'll update soon, thanks again for following.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger eme said…

    Congrats on the new job, glad that you are enjoying it. I will be following the P90X adventure!

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Kelodie said…

    Congratulations on the new job! I'm glad to read you're doing better after a tough time. Good luck with P90X!

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    Here we go baby! I posted my before pictures on the blog. I must have balls the size of basketballs?!????

    :)

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger prashant said…

    congratulations on the new job!
    home jobs india

     

Post a Comment

<< Home