Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

?

I haven't updated in a while because not much has really changed and I think Jordan is the only person left who still reads. I understand that it was way more interesting to follow the half iron and Ironman training than the collapse that has proceeded the Ironman DNF. I really feel like that DNF was meant to be a colossal life lesson that was going to make me a better person. It definitely gave me perspective on life balance and how much that kind of training interferes with things that are truly important. I thought I had made sense of it all and learned my lesson (while I still had a family and friends) but that dnf followed by a job lay off has seriously damaged my sense of self worth. I know logically that both events were the result of things beyond my control but I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I toppled from the top of the world.I went from being a student, full time employee, and triathlete to nothing. I know there is more out there for me, and coaching gave me a taste of doing something beyond myself, but right now I need to take care of my career and life. My motivation to do anything has completely hit the skids and now with a heel spur and a persistent sore back, I can't run or do crossfit. It's common knowledge that I exercise as much for my mental health as my physical so it's just a downward spiral. I know when this falls together - it's all going to fix itself quickly but right now there are times when I just can't see the light...

6 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Athena said…

    Hi,
    ...there is more than one person that follows your blog...

    Hang in there, I know that's not much comfort but the feelings of the downward spiral will pass.

    Be kind to yourself- The motivation, the zest for life will return - it just takes time.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Kelodie said…

    Hi Kerri,

    I am still reading your blog. I think I can understand how you feel but I promise you that this too shall pass. In the meantime, take good care of yourself and feel all the sadness and frustration you need to feel to get better.

    Hugs!

    Claudie

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Shazam said…

    Oh Lady,

    You are only given that which you can handle. I check here often and think of you lots while out on my training adventures. On the exercise front - water running, no impact and allows you to do something. As others have said be kind to yourself it will all sort it self out.

    Cyber Hugs

    Shaun

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger eme said…

    I'm still reading.

    Hang in there, it will get better.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger FreddyBeachPete said…

    I'm still reading too !!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger prashant said…

    I think I can understand how you feel but I promise you that this too shall pass.
    home jobs india

     

Post a Comment

<< Home