Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

4 weeks and counting...

Am I ever far behind! I've been really busy training (12-14 hours a week), watching D play soccer (scored his first goal the other night), and going to University.

Since St. Albert I did two 10km races. The first one was an easy run for fun, but Mother's Day I raced. It was great to go back to Mother's Day since that was the my first ever 5km three years ago. I think it took me about 42 mins to finish that 5km. This year I managed the 10 in 1:08:29. My goal was under 1:09, and that was before I knew how hilly that course was! It was tough, lots of hills and pretty warm.

Tomorrow is Coronation tri - the GWN warm up. I want to beat my time from last year. The only thing that worries me is that I'm not fresh. I've been training hard for the last two weeks and I'm really tired. I know it's all part of the half ironman training and it will pay off. It's just a small part of me wanted to know how much I've improved. Guess I have to wait 4 weeks to find that out.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOLY Sh** a 22min improvement at cornation!!! You are soooo going to rock GWN!!!

    krista

     

Post a Comment

<< Home