Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Athlete #1949










Here is the shirt I bought for myself yesterday. It summed up exactly how I feel about Ironman. 

The last couple of days I have just tried relax but have been really unsuccessful. My throat has been sore and I've had a headache. Today was registration day - that was quite the undertaking. Stood in line for over an hour, then got my race package, then weighed (with some crazy scale that had me at 166 but she wrote down 160), and then the moment where they put on your bracelet - the one that tells everyone you're an Ironman athlete. 

I was waiting for my friend to finish his swim and just sat on the bench staring at the swim buouys - they are a long way out there. Once at home we went out for a half hour ride which felt ok. It's funny how EVERYONE checks out your bike as you're going by. Then just had a short 15 min run to do. Half way through the run, my stomach isn't feeling so good and the next thing I know I'm puking. There goes that hydration. I felt a bit dizzy but decided to run back to the house because I figured it was good race day practice. 

Just going to rest now!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES AND SUPPORT!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    kerry....you've done the work, you've got everything you need to do this thing. just remember what mark allen says at the start of that video 'what it takes', what will get you through to the finish line on sunday is your head, and your heart. what you've accomplished so far has inspired the heck out of all of us..and no matter what, the prize is when you cross the start line into the swim..i am positive that once you do that, and you start drafting along in that lake, you'll forget about everything else, and you'll just keep going until your finish. don't worry about the garmin, your heart rate, nothing, just enjoy the momement, every minute of it, and don't think about us, your coach, or anything else...maybe do that fish boy thing of just shutting out the world, not actually thinking about anything..but realize before your head hits the water, that we're all behind you, we're all as freaked out as you are right now, and just like you yourself will say to yourself evertime you look into a mirror, this is all for you, and you can do it..and will!

    warren

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Sonia said…

    It's your time to shine my friend! You've done the work, you have the courage and you're not afraid of he pain!! Go kick some IM ass! =)

    I will be thinking of you when I'm running on Sunday!!

    Believe in yourself

    Sxxxxxx

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    You've got the guts now go get the glory. It sounds like you're getting those jitters out pre-race. Good. Get them out and then go find the finish line. ((hugs)).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home