Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hitting the road!

It's been a few weeks since I've written an update. Last weekend we finally got to hit the road. It felt SO GOOD to be riding out in the fresh air. I made an early season mistake of riding too hard, which I really paid for when I tried to do a 35minute run afterwards and couldn't finish it. OOPS! 

Besides that little mishap, training has been going pretty good. I am up to 5 runs, 5 bikes, and 3 swims a week. One of the rides is optional and I just haven't been able to make it yet. I have also been back to physio for more voodoo doll treatments. 

Up this weekend....St Albert 10 miler. I am hoping to beat last year's 1:52 finish. This year there will be no tapering though, the race is at the end of 2 full training weeks. I'll post a race report on Sunday. 

1 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    hey...make sure you kick ass on sunday...i've been sick and in bed all week, so as usual, i'll be there if i can, or at least if i'm a no show, you'll run past my house twice so i can at least cheer you on!!

    w

     

Post a Comment

<< Home