Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Monday, August 13, 2007

This is it - the next step to a dream





Since GWN I have just been recovering and taking the break I promised myself. I've tried to keep up and exercise regularly, but didn't do much during our trip to Spain. The two week vacation was great, but it's always hard to take time off. You know you're losing your fitness level and don't really feel like your gaining anything, but I'm sure a rest will pay off by preventing training burnout.



Next up for me....

The first time I watched a telecast of Ironman I decided that I was going to do one, one day. I hadn't even done my first triathlon at the time. I always said that it would take a few years before I was ready to try an Ironman, but after the great results I've had this year I feel I'm ready to train for the full meal deal. Of course it took a little prodding from my husband, coach and friends to convince me I was ready, but deep down I knew they were right.

When they announced this year was the 25th Anniversary of Ironman Canada I even said that I'd be there for the 30th..haha would have never imagined it would actually be the 26th.

I think it's all going to feel a little more real when I'm sitting there watching IMC, hopefully it inspires me to train hard. At the very least it will scare me into it. I'm excited to see the dream coming closer but terrified of the thought of doing double the distance I've done for the last two years. I'm sure it's going to be another roller coaster year full of training, new distances, maybe a PB or two and the race of a life time.

Who would have ever imagined I'd go from 210lbs, high blood pressure, can't climb a flight of stairs to Ironman in 4.5 years. It's already been a journey that has totally changed my life.










3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kelodie said…

    This is so exciting! You continue to inspire me. I'm dreaming of doing an Ironman, but I don't think I can do it. And just when I forget about it, you commit to doing one and you inspire me to work hard myself. :)

    Good luck with the training. I can't wait to follow your progress!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    go for it kerry!

    w

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you know that you absolutely rock?! As I stare into the face of training just for a marathon, you never cease to amaze me.

    Looking forward to all the updates on your training... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home