Tri-ing

This is my journey from couch to athlete.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Reflection and looking forward


Soon my posts will go back to swim, bike, run, whine, repeat. Just one more reflective/looking forward post. This was my favourite picture of 2007. I was cleaning out my closet and found a pair of my old pants. I remember when these jeans were \ tight and uncomfortable. 4 years later there is no way I could ever wear these. This pic really showed me how far I've come. Of course the glory comes from being able to exercise for hours when there was a time I couldn't make it up a flight of stairs without being out of breath, but the physical change still blows me away. 

Training has started but I have not been as dedicated as I was last year. I have managed to train 6 days a week (and only took one extra day off for Christmas) but I have not been able to stick to the total schedule. I worry I'm not going to have the dedication to the training I had last year. I'm sure once I start reporting to my coach every day I will follow. I always considered myself self driven but I see how being accountable to someone else makes a big difference. 

2007 was an amazing year for me! I finished University (even with my training schedule.) I set personal best times at every distance I raced this year, and achieved a much better result than even I thought was possible at the half ironman. The last two years I have amazed myself, and I'm hoping for a threepeat in 2008. This year I hope to better my time at the halfiron distance, and cross the Ironman finish line under 17 hours. There may also be a marathon finish too. Cheers to 2008! 

Thanks again to all of my friends and family that have supported me in this life changing journey! 



1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Warren Footz said…

    you're an inspirartion kerry...i'm thinking this weeke is about just sleeping in and stuff,once the kidiies go back to school on monday, i'll re-read your jan 1st blog and get my ass out the door!

    w

     

Post a Comment

<< Home